Quality Enhancement Cell
- Department Introduction
Realizing the challenges to be faced in the field of higher education during 21st century, impact of globalization and the need for knowledge based economy the Muhammad Nawaz Sharif University of Agriculture, Multan has established the Quality Enhancement Cell in 2016. The objective is to support the university in its endeavors to improve the standard of education and research and make it compatible with international requirements. The QEC believes that the issue of quality enhancement cannot be separate from the quest of excellence.
Quality Assurance (QA) is “the means by which an institution can guarantee with confidence and certainty, that the standards and quality of its educational provision are being maintained and enhanced.” (Higher Education Funding Council, UK).
For the Quality Assurance Process, the QEC acts as a focal point to hold the quality of higher education and research. It works with Quality Assurance Agency of Higher Education Commission (QAA/HEC) in the process of capacity building of Academia, Awareness Campaigns, and Training of Teachers for Preparing Self-Assessment Reports (SARs) of the various teaching programs in their respective departments. In this regard, through a system of surveys and feedback the QEC attempts to protect the interest of students, teachers, employers, and other stakeholders in the field of higher education.
The QEC is responsible to promote higher standards of education and research in the university and is required to promote public confidence in the quality and standard of the degrees awarded by the university. For this purpose, the QEC develops the Quality Assurance Process and Evaluation Methods including Self-Assessment Program.
System of Quality Education:
The system of quality enhancement is composed of the following factors:
- Development of the criteria and standards for an academic program.
- Carrying out assessment surveys to see how these criteria and standards are being met.
- Writing of the Self-Assessment Reports (SARs) on the basis of 1 & 2.
Review of the SARs by a panel of experts from within the university or from other universities as deemed fit by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Submission of the Assessment Report by the experts and its presentation to the HOD and Universities Authorities.
- Implementation plan for the actions to be taken by the university.
Criteria & Standards:
The self-assessment is based on several criteria. To meet each criterion a number of standards must be satisfied. List of criteria and its standards as follows:
|Criteria||Criteria Name||Standards under Criteria|
|1.||Program Mission, Objectives and Outcomes||4 Standards|
|2.||Curriculum Design and Organization||7 Standards|
|3.||Laboratories & Computing Facilities||3 Standards|
|4.||Student Support & Advising||3 Standards|
|5.||Process Control||5 Standards|
|7.||Institutional Facilities||3 Standards|
|8.||Institutional Support||3 Standards|
- To bring our educational standards at par with recognized international standards and to ensure that our students are of comparable quality with those educated elsewhere in the high ranking reputed universities of the world.
- To encourage National and International cooperation for accreditation and understanding of quality provision in higher education.
- To educate and provide quality education to the national and international students in all academic disciplines particularly Agriculture, and to inculcate in them intellectual and practical faculties professions in the public and private sectors or establish their own enterprises.
- To assist in gathering and collection of knowledge for the socio-economic development of the country.
- To develop and treat students as pillars on which a human and enlightened society could be built.
- To popularize the philosophy of self-evaluation/ assessment among teachers, researchers, administrators and students in the university.
- To protect students and other stakeholders from poor quality resources and to encourage the development of quality cross-border higher education that fulfils human, social, economic and cultural needs.
- To provide an environment that is conducive to the evolution of intellectual thought, research and experimentation for the benefit of the society.
- To invite the best people proficient in their areas of education, research and expertise in the fields of Social, Physical, Biological Science, Technology, Business and Industry and to request them to impart their experiences to our future generations through organizing seminars, symposia, workshops and training programs for teachers, researchers, students and other employees of the University.
- To organize a system for assimilating feedback on our educational programs from the stakeholders such as teachers, students, employers, government and non-government organizations.
- Staff Members:
- Somiya Ambreen
Director, Quality Enhancement Cell.
- Zunera Sajjad
Assistant Director, Quality Enhancement Cell.
Room no 47, Adjacent to Main Library, Muhammad Nawaz Sharif University of Agriculture, Multan.
Phone no: 061-9201541