Themes of the Conference
The conference will focus on the following major thematic areas.
Climate smart agricultural (CSA) innovations.
- Recent advancements in agriculture to climate change
- Proposed effective technologies for CSA
- Effective strategies and policies for CSA
- Farmer perceptions to CSA
Climate Smart management of surface and ground water
- Adaptation for flood and drought
- Floods/drought: early warning and early action
- Ground and surface water quality
- Precision water management for sustainable crop production.
Climate smart soil and fertilizer management
- Climate smart technologies to enhance fertilizer use efficiency
- Soil and water pollution and its remediation.
- Successful technologies for utilizing marginal soils
Global warming impacts and mitigation
- Impact of increasing temperature on crop production
- Greenhouse gasses and carbon sequestration actions to mitigate climate change
- Climate risk management
- Carbon markets/trade
Climate smart farming systems
- Climate smart cropping; systems
- Climate smart livestock systems
Modeling for climate change:
- Predication and decision support modeling
- Climate modeling; climate change scenarios
- Crop modeling and impact assessment.
- Economic modeling
- ICT tools for decision making
Food diversification for future food security
- Crop diversification for climate resilience and nutritional security
- Introduction of new crops for new environments
- Functional foods
Socio-economic perspectives and policy innovations for CSA
- Socio-economic impacts of CSA
- Adoption of CSA and success stories
- Climate smart villages
Modified Integrated pest and disease management for CSA
- Integrated insect-pest management under climate variability scenario
- Novel disease management strategies for CSA.