DIRECTORATE OF EXTERNAL LINKAGES
The changing role of the universities mandated a greater connectivity and strong linkages with the local, national, regional and international communities. Therefore, under the initiative of HEC, the Directorate of External Linkages was established in the Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture, Multan in 2016. With a vision for Internationalization, Prof. Dr. Asif Ali, the Vice Chancellor, appointed Prof. Dr. Shafqat Saeed as Director External Linkages in 2016 and Dr. Mirza Abdul Qayyum assisting the whole process. After its establishment, Directorate flourished well and made its place in the university system. With the evolving role of the university, the Directorate of External Linkages is becoming an important office to promote national and international collaborations and to develop partnerships with public, private and non-government institutions/ organizations, think tanks and Entrepreneur Institutions. This office also has the responsibility to attract international students, facilitate placement of university students and faculty in high ranking universities, facilitate interaction between faculty and industry and exert a pull for financing of training, research and development activities of the university by national and international donors, alumni, civil society and agro-based industries.
The activities in the directorate have gone up manifolds and almost every month, the university receives delegates from international and national organizations for building and expanding partnerships for capacity building, research & development and Outreach activates to bring good to lives of the farming community of the country.
The university has signed about 16 MoUs/ agreements with national and international organizations, including development of partnerships with high ranked universities of the world for exchange of staff and students and collaboration in research and development.
- Directorate of External Linkages aim at developing strong liaison with high ranked universities and research institutes of the world.
- Joint Degree Programs with the conscious endeavors for internationalization.
- To take public, private and non-governmental organizations on board for achieving the main goals of education, research and development in various faculties in the university.
- Organize National and International Conferences/ Workshops/ Seminars/ Symposia to extend the recent innovations to the scientific and farming community of Pakistan.
- Joint research ventures with leading researchers and esteemed institutions for capacity building and outreach.
- Development of national and international linkages with public, private and non-government institutions/ organisations.
- Facilitate the faculty/ departments/ directorates/ institutes for promoting R&D activities through external collaborations.
- Attract and facilitate placement of international students in MNS UAM, placement of university students and faculty in high ranking universities.
- To keep the faculty and graduate students interactive with the respective organizations where in future the graduates of various disciplines can be marketed.Development a liaison between the Alumni and Business houses for resource mobilisation.
- Facilitate interaction between faculty and industry and exert a pull for financing of training, research and development activities of the university by national and international donors, alumni, civil society and agro-based industries
- Develop reciprocal understanding between the International Organisations for resource and environment conservation
- To explore new avenues for funding in research and development both for the faculty members and students.
- To stay the relevant institutes involved in the research and development process so as to find a marketable product.
- To link with public policy stake holders for seeking directions and providing policy input.
- Till date, Directorate of External Linkages has signed many MoUs with different institution of public and private origin while few are in pipeline for future consideration.
|Partner Organizations||Country||Date of signing|
|1||Oaks CAF Private limited (Oak’s)||South Korea||08-03-16|
|3||International Water Saver Environmental Services||USA||07-10-16|
|4||Better Cotton Initiative||Switzerland||24-10-16|
|5||Wuhan Guoying Seed Co., Ltd, Wuhan, China||China||02-12-16|
|6||Hebei Institute of International Business and Economics, China||China||25-12-16|
|7||University of the Gambia||The Gambia||01-03-17|
|8||Biotechnology Research Institute, CAAS, Beijing China||China||In process|
|9||Tashkant State Agrarian University, Uzbekistan||Uzbekistan||02-05-17|
|10||Cotton Breeding, Seed Production and Agrcotechnologies Research Institute (CBSPARI)||Uzbekistan||02-05-17|
|11||Ayub Agricultural Research Institute, Faisalabad||Pakistan||30-03-16|
|12||Director General Agriculture, Field||Pakistan||26-05-16|
|13||Pakistan Central Cotton Committee, Multan||Pakistan||01-06-16|
|14||The Accountability Lab, Islamabad||Pakistan||20-07-16|
|15||Pak German Institute of Cooperative Agriculture, Multan||Pakistan||27-07-16|
|16||Evyol Group of Companies Pvt. Ltd., Multan||Pakistan||24-10-16|
|MoUs in Pipeline for future collaboration|
|1||Syngenta Pakistan Limited||Pakistan|
|2||Good Earth, Pakistan||Pakistan|
|3||South Asian Conservation Agriculture Network (SACAN)||Pakistan|
|4||Best Technologies, Multan||Pakistan|
|5||Society for Advancement of Education, Pakistan||Pakistan|
|6||Technology Upgradation and Skill Development Company (TUSDEC), Pakistan||Pakistan|
|7||Pakistan Standard and Quality Control Authority (PSQCA)||Pakistan|
|8||Hassan Zarai Farm, Mailsi||Pakistan|
|9||Arain Agri Farm, Dhanot||Pakistan|
|11||Rafique Research and Educational Society, Lodhran||Pakistan|
|13||Department of Space Science, PU||Pakistan|
|15||Pakistan Human Development Foundation (PHDF) Multan, Allahdin Group of Companies||Pakistan|
|16||Wellness Recovery, USA||USA|