Name: Prof. Dr. Ishtiaq A Rajwana Position: Pro-Vice Chancellor /Chairman, Horticulture Expertise: Fruit production technology and nursery production; Quality improvement, Postharvest biology and technology of fresh produce, Genetics Conservation Office Address: Department of Horticulture, MNS-UAM, Multan Office Phone: 061-9201683 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0300-6351551 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Publications: 30
The Department of Horticulture is newly established at Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture, Multan. Considering the overall food scarcity and safety throughout the country, the department is aimed to produce well trained professionals in the field of Horticultural Sciences; and provide basic preparation for a progressive career in this sector. At present, the Department has one professor, four assistant professors and one lecturer and having publications in national and international peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings. The department faculty is practically involved in various projects and is actively contributing towards improvement of horticulture industry. We do not only generate and extend knowledge for enhancing the food quality but also improve the environment condition by growing of horticultural crops and landscape. Horticultural landscape designing in our country has developed focal interest amongst the students of both genders. Therefore, due to overwhelming response, the department is concentrating to provide all possible facilities in collaboration with the other organizations to polish and train such students with futuristic approach. Presently the department is awfully engaged in conducting professional degree courses of B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture with major subject Horticulture. For M.Sc (Hons.) Horticulture, department deals with four main disciplines of pomology (fruits), olericulture (vegetables) ornamentals (floriculture & landscaping) and Postharvest. The major areas of research are mentioned below:
- Germplasm Evaluation
- Adaptation of Crop Varieties
- Biotechnology for Genetic Crop Improvement
- Micro-propagation through Tissue Culture
- Post-harvest Science and Technology
- Protected Cultivation (off season & on season crops)
- Hydroponics/Soilless Culture Technology
- Landscape Improvement and Designing
- To impart horticultural education and conduct problem oriented research and development for the benefit of the farmers and horticultural development in the country.
- To train personals vested with the responsibility of providing new technologies to the farmers and other horticultural industries for increased production, exports and domestic markets.
- To helps in improving the quality of environment, general public health and living standards.
- To operate in an integrated network that enhances cooperation between academics, research, extension, industry and the farmers.
- To provide appropriate cost effective technologies for production, handling, processing and storage of Horticultural produce.
- To develop national and international collaborations for R & D and academic curriculum in Horticulture Science and Technology.
- To provide on-job training program for the Horticulturists.
- To build capacity of horticulture research and industry through relevant training program
Name: Dr. Muhammad Amin Position: Assistant Professor (TTS) Expertise: Postharvest science and technology; Fresh produce supply/Value chains Office Address: Department of Horticulture, MNS-UAM, Multan Office Phone: 061-9239031 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0300-6853074 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Publications: 29
Name: Syed Bilal Hussain Position: Lecturer (Ex-Pakistan Leave) Expertise: Fruit production,Fruit quality,Citriculture. Office Address: Department of Horticulture, MNS-UAM, Multan Office Phone: 061-9239031 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0308-7423675 Email Address: email@example.com Publications: 6
Name: Dr. Gulzar Akhtar Position: Assistant Professor (TTS) Expertise: Floriculture and landscaping, Plant Tissue Culture Office Address: Department of Horticulture, MNS-UAM, Multan Office Phone: 061-9239031 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0321-6211912 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Publications: 12