The Department of Horticulture, Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture, Multan was established during 2015. Considering the overall food safety and scarcity scenario in the country, the department is aimed to produce trained professionals in the field of Horticultural Sciences. At present, the Department consists of one professor, five assistant professors and one lecturer having publications in national and international peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings. Moreover, the faculty is practically involved in various projects contribute in improving supply and value chains of different stakeholders (olericulture, pomology, postharvest, ornamental and landscaping) of horticulture industry, thereby playing role in sustaining the environment. Additionally, the department is also working with sister organizations in public and private sector to polish and train students for practical solutions being faced by horticulture sector.
Presently, the department is awfully engaged in conducting professional degree courses of B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture with major subject of Horticulture. For M.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture (Horticulture), department deals with four main disciplines of pomology (fruits), olericulture (vegetables), ornamentals (floriculture & landscaping) and Postharvest.Major areas of research are mentioned below:
- Germplasm Evaluation
- Adaptation of Crop Varieties
- Biotechnology for Genetic Crop Improvement
- Micro-propagation through Tissue Culture
- Post-harvest Science and Technology
- Protected/Greenhouse Cultivation (off season & on season crops)
- Hydroponics/Soilless Culture Technology
- Landscape Improvement and Designing
- To impart horticultural education and conduct problem-oriented research and development for the benefit of the farmers and horticultural development in the country.
- To train personals vested with the responsibility of providing new technologies to the farmers and other horticultural industries for increased production, exports and domestic markets.
- To helps in improving the environment quality and its sustainability for general public health and living standards.
- To operate in an integrated network that enhances cooperation between academics, research, extension, industry and the farmers.
- To provide appropriate cost-effective technologies for production, handling, processing and storage of Horticultural produce.
- To develop national and international collaborations for R & D and academic curriculum in Horticulture Science and Technology.
- To provide on-job training program for the Horticulturists.
- To build capacity of horticulture research and industry through relevant training program
Name: Prof. Dr. Ishtiaq A Rajwana Position: Pro-Vice Chancellor /Chairman, Horticulture Expertise: Fruit production technology and nursery production; Quality improvement, Postharvest biology and technology of fresh produce, Genetics Conservation Office Address: Department of Horticulture, MNS-UAM, Multan Office Phone: 061-9201683 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0300-6351551 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Publications: 28 VIEW COMPLETE PROFILE
Name: Dr. Kashif Razzaq Position: Assistant Professor (TTS) Expertise: Postharvest physiology and Technology of Horticultural Crops:, Pre_practices for improving quality of fresh produce. Office Address: Department of Horticulture,MNS Multan Office Phone: 061-9239031 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0345-7901236 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Publications: 16 VIEW COMPLETE PROFILE
Name: Dr. Sami Ullah Position: Assistant Professor (TTS) Expertise: Pomology, Postharvest physiology of fruits Office Address: Department of Horticulture, MNS-UAM, Multan Office Phone: 061-9239031 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0334-4511597 Email Address: email@example.com Publications: 13 VIEW COMPLETE PROFILE
Name: Dr. Nazar Faried Position: Assistant Professor (TTS) Expertise: Olericulture, Tunnel Farming Office Address: Department of Horticulture, MNS-UAM, Multan Office Phone: 061-9239031 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0333-4882877 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Publications: 6 VIEW COMPLETE PROFILE
Name: Syed Bilal Hussain Position: Lecturer (Ex-Pakistan Leave) Expertise: Fruit production,Fruit quality,Citriculture. Office Address: Department of Horticulture, MNS-UAM, Multan Office Phone: 061-9239031 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0308-7423675 Email Address: email@example.com Publications: 6
Name: Dr. Gulzar Akhtar Position: Assistant Professor (TTS) Expertise: Floriculture and landscaping, Plant Tissue Culture Office Address: Department of Horticulture, MNS-UAM, Multan Office Phone: 061-9239031 Fax: 061-9201682 Cell Number: 0321-6211912 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Publications: 18 VIEW COMPLETE PROFILE