Department of Plant Pathology
Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture Multan (MNSUAM) was established in 2012. Being a young university in academia, the MNSUAM is up to producing highly qualified agriculture professionals. The department of Plant Pathology is responsible for producing quality undergraduates required for academia and agriculture industry. Currently active program is B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri Plant Pathology. The department has a robust plan to start graduate programs before the end of 2017. The faculty of the department is actively involved in unique blend of quality research activities in the field of Virology, Bacteriology, Mycology and Nematology, Epidemiology and Molecular plant pathology. The research revolves around induced plant diseases, mechanisms involved in disease development, forecasting and their control employing modern and conventional research approaches. The main objectives of the department are;
• Human resource development to meet community and industrial needs.
• Strengthening of local and foreign academic collaborations and research linkages.
• Taxonomic, biological and molecular characterization of plant pathogens.
• Epidemiology and development of disease forecasting systems.
• Development of effective disease control strategies through molecular and conventional methodologies.