Realizing the challenges to be faced in the field of higher education during 21st century, impact of globalization and the need for knowledge based economy the Muhammad Nawaz Sharif University of Agriculture, Multan established the Quality Enhancement Cell in 2016. The QEC believes that the issue of quality enhancement cannot be separated from the quest of excellence. Quality Assurance (QA) is “the means by which an institution can guarantee with confidence and certainty, that the standards and quality of its educational provision are being maintained and enhanced.” (Higher Education Funding Council, UK).
QEC aims to strengthen the higher education at MNS-University of Agriculture Multan by setting up an exemplary Quality Assurance mechanism that shall be congruent with the national and international practices.
QEC is committed to assure and enhance the quality of higher education at Muhammad Nawaz Sharif University of Agriculture, Multan with respect to good teaching strategies, sound infrastructure, and outcome based education, positive students’ perception, valid programs assessment tools and a learning environment conducive to research activities.
- To pursue the progress of the corrective actions highlighted in the Self-Assessment Report (SAR) by the relative departments.
- To scrutinize the current status of educational provision at the level of department by holding meetings with the Program & Assessment Team.
- To know whether the curriculum, subject and teaching and other staff development, research and other academic activities are followed as per the HEC criteria.
- To nurture the respective departments for getting accreditation reports and certificates from the councils directed by Higher Education Commission.
- To collect data through feedback and suggestions forms and course outlines/plans from the respective departments.
- To steer training session on regular basis for the Programs and Assessment Team to ensue awareness regarding self-assessment ways.
- To seriously observe the data and define recommendations in consultation with the respective Chairperson /Head/ In-charge of the department.
- To confirm whether Institutional efficiency and Performance Evaluation Standards (IPES) devised for the betterment of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are in accordance with the HEC directions.
- To ensure that the institute follows and abides by the rules & regulations set by HEC with respect of faculty hiring, admission to MS/M.Phil and Ph.D programs. Plagiarism checking service by adopting best related software.
Name: Mr. Ali Raza Burana Designation : Monitoring Officer Qualification : MA English E-Mail : email@example.com
Name: Somiya Ambreen Designation : Focal Person for QEC Qualification : MBA in Human Resource Management E-Mail : Somiya.firstname.lastname@example.org