The Department of Agricultural Engineering at Muhammad Nawaz Shareef University of Agriculture, Multan (MNSUAM) is one of its kind in the country that integrates engineering principles with natural and artificial systems to provide support for agricultural industries and enterprises with special focus on solving complex, rapidly changing problems and develop technology related to agro-industrial machinery and processes, energy and water use efficiency, renewable energy development, and instrumentation and robotics.
Department aims to enable students to drive innovation as our discipline continues to be transformed by our changing world. Students increasingly need to participate in problem solving across traditional boundaries. Rapid technological changes are an added challenge, which implications driven by diminishing resources and growing population.
BSc. Agricultural Engineering Program
The three major streams of Agricultural Engineering program are:
- Energy Resources Management
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Environmental Management System for Industry
- Farm and Industrial Structures
- Agro-Industrial Process Engineering
- Machine Design
- Fundamentals of Precision Agriculture
- Farm and Earth Moving Machinery
- Pre and Post-Harvest Engineering
- Design of Agricultural Machinery
Water Resources Engineering
- Water Management Engineering
- Water Quality and Wastewater Engineering
- Pumps and Tube Wells
- Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- Dam and Reservoir Engineering
“To be leading institute to modernize the agriculture sector of the country by producing highly qualified engineering graduates, conducting cutting-edge research and developing innovative technologies”.
“Develop and disseminate science and technology in agricultural engineering sector to improve yield, reduce cost of production, improve water use efficiency, and mechanization”.
- To produce highly skilled agricultural engineers, fully capable to conduct research and to pursue their career in engineering contracting or consulting services, local and international agro-based industries and entrepreneurship.
- To inculcate the engineer with sound theoretical knowledge in engineering principles, sciences, research and in consultancy.
- To impart positive and responsive out-reach attitudes, initiative and creative thinking in engineer’s brain.
- To produce a professional engineer who understands ethical issues and responsibility of serving the society and the environment.
- To provide research based solution to the problems faced by the region in the sectors of farm mechanization, clean energy, irrigation and water resources management, environmental protection and management.
- To collaborate with agro-industries, assess industrial need and provide need based solution.
- To team up with international hi-tech institutions and keep local agricultural engineers updated with all the latest technological advancements and research conducted in developed countries.
Department of Agricultural Engineering arranged multiple activities among them following two events remained prominent. Agro Industrial stake holder discussion forum was organized on March 06, 2017 under the chairmanship of Prof. Dr. Asif Ali, Vice Chancellor of MNS-UAM and Syed Fakhar Imam Shah, Ex-speaker national assembly embraced this event as chief guest. Aim of the discussion was to asses need of industry and to set trends for the Agricultural Engineering degree program. Discussion forum recommended to include industry oriented courses and vowed to strengthen the industry-academia collaboration.
Considering importance of national issue related to water, an international seminar on “Water resources management” was organized by Department of Agricultural Engineering, MNS-UAM. Two experts from Surface Water Management Section of Murray Darling Basin Authority, Australia were international guest speakers.
- Approved Scheme of studies
- Admission Criteria